Folakemi is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial, Company Secretarial and Dispute Resolution practice teams.
Folakemi advises clients on the establishment of businesses, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance matters across various industry sectors in Nigeria. She has considerable experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising both domestic and cross-border clients on matters in her practice area. Folakemi has developed particular interest in Financial Technology and the applicable regulations in Nigeria.
Prior to joining Sefton Fross, Folakemi was a Trainee Associate at the law firm of Tayo Oyetibo LP where she gained practical litigation experience. She recently participated in the ESQ Oil and Gas Agreements & Financing School.
• Obafemi Awolowo University (LL.B)
• Nigerian Law School Lagos (B.L)
• Corporate Finance
• Company Secretarial Services
• Business Establishment
• Corporate M&A
• Licensing, Regulatory, and Compliance
• Financial services
•Government and Public Sector
•Infrastructure and Transportation
•Consumer Product Manufacturing
•Real Estate Finance
• Part of the team that Advised Prudent Energy and Services Limitedon its US$180 Million acquisition (through Ignite Investments and Commodities Limited) of a 74.02% Equity Stake in Forte Oil.
• Currently providing company secretarial services to companies across various industry sectors.
• Part of the team that advised an international private equity firm on its US$10,000,000 Trade Finance Facility to an indigenous downstream petroleum marketing company.
• Part of the team that advised Royal Exchange General Insurance Company Limited (REGIC) on the acquisition by InsuResilience Investment Fund (IIF) of 39.25% Stake in REGIC.
• Member, Nigerian Bar Association