Joshua is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate & Commercial, Dispute Resolution and Energy, and Natural Resources matters.
Prior to joining Sefton Fross, he was a Junior Associate at the law firm of Idowu Sofola and Co, where he honed his craft under the leadership of two (2) Senior Advocates of Nigeria.
In addition to his attendance at the Lagos Court of Arbitration Training for Neutrals in relation to the Lagos State High Court Backlog Elimination Programme, in 2018, Joshua recently participated in the ESQ Oil and Gas Agreements & Financing School, 2019. He also has previous training on Sports Law, Intellectual Property, Mediation Advocacy, Finance, Forensic Document Examination, and Entertainment Law.
• Kogi State University (LL.B), Second Class Lower Division
• Nigeria Law School (B.L.), Pass
• Business advisory
• Corporate and M&A
• Dispute Resolution
• Intellectual Property
• Energy, Natural Resources and Projects.
• Energy and Natural Resources
• Financial services
• Government and public sector
• Infrastructure and transportation
• Served as external lawyer for a renowned sports betting company worth over N2, 000, 000, 000.00 with over 30 cases solved in the 14 months involving pay disputes, police appearances, court attendance, among others in over 10 States across Nigeria, including Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State.
• Represented the interest of a foremost Nigerian construction company in claims of damages for fraud against the Defendant in the amount of N62, 000, 000.00 before the High Court of Justice, Imo State.
• Advised Prudent Energy and Services Limited on its US$180 Million acquisition (through Ignite Investments and Commodities Limited) of a 74.02% Equity Stake in Forte Oil.
• Advised the Debt Management Office of the Federal Government of Nigeria on its issuance of a non-interest financing NGN100 Billion instrument (Sukuk) in the domestic debt market to be used for road infrastructure development.
• Advised Aiteo Eastern E&P Company Limited, on its US$2.56 Billion acquisition finance of 45% participating interest in an Oil Mining Lease in the divestment by Shell, Total and NAOC of the Eastern onshore assets.
• Member, Nigerian Bar Association