Olayemi is one of the leading finance lawyers in Nigeria and has more than two decades of experience advising clients in diverse areas of law. She represents various organizations and multinational companies, attending to the full range of their business and transactional needs on a range of local and cross border transactions. Yemi has transactional experience across many industry sectors and is most renowned for her experience in financing and M&As in the financial services, energy and natural resources, and infrastructure sectors.
Prior to founding Sefton Fross, Olayemi was a Senior Partner and Head of the Finance Practice Group and a Key Member of the Energy and Projects Practice Group at a leading Law Firm, and before then the General Counsel at Sahara Energy Resources. Under her leadership, Sefton Fross grew very quickly to become one of the leading law firms in Nigeria and has been consistently recognized as such by the leading internationally renowned legal directories and publications. She has made significant contributions to the development of finance law, policy and business in Nigeria and is an astute speaker and prolific writer.
● School of Oriental and African Studies (London, UK) (M.Sc Finance) (Ongoing)
● Wolfson College, University of Cambridge (LL.M)
● University of Ibadan (LL.B)
● Business advisory
● Corporate Commercial
● Corporate restructuring and Insolvency
● Financing and capital markets
● Fund Formation and Investments
● Private Equity
● Energy and Natural Resources
● Financial services
● Government and public sector
● Infrastructure and transportation
● Foreign Direct Investments and Joint Ventures
● Real Estate, engineering and construction
● Advised Prudent Energy and Services Limited on its US$180 Million acquisition (through Ignite Investments and Commodities Limited) of a 74.02% Equity Stake in Forte Oil.
● Advised the Debt Management Office of the Federal Government of Nigeria on its issuance of a non-interest financing NGN100 Billion instrument (Sukuk) in the domestic debt market to be used for road infrastructure development.
● Advised Aiteo Eastern E&P Company Limited, on its US$2.56 Billion acquisition finance of 45% of participating interest in an Oil Mining Lease in the divestment by Shell, Total and NAOC of the Eastern onshore assets.
● Advised TLG Capital on its US$11.5 Million structured finance in Grace Lake Partners Limited.
● Advised Royal Exchange General Insurance Company Limited (REGIC) on the acquisition by InsuResilience Investment Fund (IIF) of 39.25% Stake in REGIC.
● Advised Sanlam Investments on its US$5 Million financing of Atlas Mara.
● Member, Nigerian Bar Association
● Member, International Bar Association
● Regional Representative Africa of the International Bar Association – Power Law Committee
● Chairman, Mergers, Acquisition & Corporate Reorganisation Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association – Section of Business Law
● Facilitator, Finance Working Group, National Assembly Business Environment Roundtables (NASSBER)
● Member, National Assembly Technical Committee for Financial Law Reform
● Member, Advisory Board, International Energy Law Advisory Group (IELAG)
● Chairman of the Section of Business Law 2016 Committee for the Review of the Companies and Allied Matters Act Repeal Bill and the Foreign Exchange Monitoring and Miscellaneous Provisions